Thursday, June 19, 2008

CA Pictures: Stage 3


Here is stage 3 of our great trip. The weekend before we left, Becky, the girls and I drove over to my sister's house in Visalia and stayed a night with her and her 4 kids. It was a quick trip but a lot of fun. Sam loved spending time with her cousins and still talks about them frequently. Just today she said she wanted to see Zack and she talked with Cambria, Danielle and Rod while they were visiting my parents last week. It's amazing how much a 2 year old can remember!

Zack tried to give Sam a little guitar lesson while we were there. Surprisingly she liked holding the guitar more than actually learning how to play it.


Danielle and Sam getting comfy on the ottoman.


There is this great little play area under the stairs and the girls loved 'hiding' in there with their toys. This is Sam telling me to go away so she can play some more.


My sister has a pool and it was definately the highlight, for Sam anyways. The girls love their auntie Becky! (sorry this picture is out of order)


Sam hanging out with Zack and Rod.


Aubrey getting ready for her first big swim, which turned out just to be a big 'sit on the steps.'



It was a little chilly...ok, a lot chilly, but the kids didn't seem to mind at all. Aubrey, Becky, and I, on the other hand, just hung out on the steps.


A friendly wave from Rod.


Danielle looking as cute as ever!


There's nothing like having a cousin to share a towel with.


Enjoying a picnic lunch outside.


The girls set up this tent inside and made their own little house. It was complete with a bed, table, chairs and baby with all the accessories . It was so fun to watch them. They played in here for about an hour. Oh, Sam will be so happy when Aubrey is big enough to be a 'playmate'.

4 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a blast in CA. I love the swimsuit picture of Aubrey! So cute!

Kotters said...

I love the pictures of your trip. Don't you love visiting family. I remember the long trips home during school. They are so fun but I always missed Josh too. I am glad that you had fun.

Jenise

THE BLAIRS said...

looks like you guys had a fun trip! I bet its the pits being back again.. I am always sad to leave family and come back to Memphis! blah!

Mugsy said...

Melis, I wish I could come meet your family they seem like such good people. I miss you as always.