Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Good Laugh

Amongst the potty-training and 'two-year-old' trials, I am grateful everyday for a little girl that can make me smile and laugh no matter how tired or frustrated I may be at the moment. Here are just a couple examples:

I had just finished putting some laundry away in Sam's room and had brought the basket and put it on the floor in the family room. Sam was talking to me about something, I can't quite remember what, when she stopped all of a sudden. You could see the little gears in her head turning and she turned to me and said, with all the excitement her little two-year-old body could hold, "I get in the basket and read a book, ok?" "Ok!" I said and off she went to find a good read. Before long she was having the time of her life, reading a book in her most favorite reading spot. How our Sam loves books!



The other day I was outside picking up some leaves from some hedge trimming I had done. Sam was helping me pick up the leaves, or was rather pulling some of her own off of the bushes. After a minute or two she turned to me and said, "I'm going to work. Goodbye." I waved goodbye and watched to see what she was going to do. As she walked down our front steps she turned back and said, holding up one of the leaves she had pulled off, "I take one leaf with me." (or rather, "I take one weaf wif me"). I smiled and told her that was a good idea. I continued to watch her as she walked down the driveway to her little bike. As she climbed on I asked her what she was going to do at work. Without hesitation she said, "I play with Nick and Jordan" , who are two guys that Brian carpools to school with. And then a second later she says, "....and....daddy". I laughed and told her to hurry home.

5 comments:

Heather said...

What a great reading spot:-) Even, better, what a great thing that she thought of it! Yay for the love of books. And way to go Lissa for tackling the hedge trimming!

THE BLAIRS said...

Thats is so funny! I'll have to tell Nick! Sam's probably right though.. "I play with nick and jordon!" Someday i wonder how much work they actually get done.. Nick came home a few weeks ago with a bunch of card tricks he waned to show me that he learned in lab!!! Tough day ay?

megan said...

How cute is she? I love that age as well eccept...for the potty training. i hear it's different for boys and girls but wow.

Jen and Alec said...

what a kick! She is so dang cute! I am so sad that your parents are going to sell their house--we had some great times there and seeing pics of them makes me want to thank them again for all of their hospitality in the past.

Brandon and Natalie said...

How cute! She is growing up so fast!!