Friday, June 6, 2008

Finally, pictures from our trip to CA and WA-stage 1

The girls and I got to spend all of April in CA visiting family. We had a blast but missed daddy very much. Next time we won't be gone quite so long. Although a bit overdue, here is the first installment of pictures from our trip. Enjoy!


Showing off our pigtails.

This is my grandma, she is simply amazing! She is nearly 96 years old and everyday she walks for 40 minutes on my parents deck. She is such a trooper. Here she is bundled up a bit to brave the cool Spring morning. We love you grandma!

My sister Becky gave Sam her first haircut to trim things up before the mullet got too bad.


It turned out so cute, thanks Auntie Becky!

We got to spend lots of time enjoying the wonderful CA weather. The girls loved it! Here is Aubrey looking intently at....something, not sure what; but ain't she precious?


Sam, cruising on her wheels.


Sam loves to ride in the basket of the stroller. It worked great as I was racing to my gate, running through Denver airport:)


Spending time outside with grandma and great grandma...and of course the dog, Dakota.


A view from my parents road. Man, I'm going to miss that place when they sell the house.



Spending some time with grandma.


My mom makes an AMAZING potato salad. So we made one while we were there in hopes that I could learn how. She doesn't use a recipe so we just had to guess on measurements as I wrote the ingredients down. I haven't tried it yet...I'm guessing it isn't going to be nearly as good.


Sam was eating straight out of the bowl. A combination of mayonnaise, mustard, and pickle juice. Mmmm, tasty! You'd think it was chocolate the way she was eating it.


Whoa! Apparently the local grocery store sells celery on steroids. Sam of course had to take a bite for herself...which shortly ended up on the counter.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Fun pictures! Sam cooperates much more with haircuts than Brian does:-) Is that because Becky was doing it...lol? I'm thinking age is the real key. I'm glad you had a fun time.

Mugsy said...

Melis, I love the new blog. You are starting to remind me of me. All the changes. Ok so I loved seeing your mom. It gave me a little glimpse of the wonderful women who raised the such an amazing daughter, my little Melis!And wht an amazing place to live! Did you grow up there, where you took these pics? And why o why do tey have to move? That looks so beautiful! I miss you!!!!

Mugsy said...

OK my key board just doesn't type letters at random... So that is why there is so may cool spellings in that last post.

Lance and Kristi said...

Hey - you were here and didn't tell me? I would have so come to visit you...I love the area you are from.

Schloopy